- 18 years’ experience as a communications coach
- Former financial journalist and US editor, International Financing Review (IFR)
- Counselling training from WPF
- BA in English and Drama
- 14 years of experience in communications coaching
- Former financial journalist and banking editor, Financial News
- BA in Modern European Studies (majoring Economics and Spanish) UCL
Jan helps business and finance professionals develop clear and concise messages and deliver them with confidence in media interviews, presentations or written documents. He understands the importance of carefully structuring messages for immediate and lasting impact and the challenge of getting messages across to time-poor professionals suffering from information overload.
For over 30 years, he was, variously, a reporter, editor, senior manager and pension trustee at The Wall Street Journal/Dow Jones Newswires group. After leaving the group, Jan spent a year in the Iraqi Autonomous Region of Kurdistan as a consultant to a news service start-up.
- Communication coach and adviser since 2010
- Former senior financial journalist and editor at WSJ/Dow Jones
- Extensive management experience
- Economics degree from Carleton University, Ottawa
- UK resident, with experience of working on both sides of the Atlantic
- Financial writer, editor and coach
- Social media advisor
- Former financial journalist and editor – IFR, Euromoney
- MBA (Distinction), University of Bath
- MA Politics, Philosophy & Economics, Oxford
Since creating his own company in 1997 David has grown his client base to include many public and private sector companies including: The Metropolitan Police, The Bank of England, Future Publishing, The Royal College of Psychiatrists and the NHS. Today he has a stable of professional cameramen and editors on-hand who work with a wide range of clients in both the UK and Europe.
In this post-COVID world David also specialises in the live video streaming of meetings from client premises. This includes: AGM broadcasting, client and investor presentations and product or report launches where people can view the meetings online via the client’s website.
Visit the Mediacrews website here.